Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I heart Movies|| Tang Wei ♡湯唯

Hello! How are you guys today? 
I just started my winter vacation today! Yay, winter break Day#1. Although I am college student, I also have work besides school like most college students have. SO yeah, basically I have no official holiday (I even have to work on the last day of year and the very first day of year as well)ugh..

Anyways, I just decide to post new blog because I wanted to share one of my favorite women in this world! It is Tang Wei (湯唯). As most of you already know, I love films and recently I watched several her films and I just fell in love her acting!! She is so natural, beautiful, and such a talented woman. A few months ago, I went to TSUTAYA (蔦屋)**it is like Japanese blockbuster**, and I picked a movie called "Last Autumn"(만추)(2010) which look very interesting to me at the moment. And this was my first her movie. 
-Picture from Korean Film Biz Zone-
This movie is a Korean-Chinese-American love story film. The story is about a Korean guy who has been dealing with very unstable and weird life and a Chinese woman who has very dark past. The film begins with their coincidental meeting Settle in US. This film was directed by KIM Tae-yong who is now married to Wei. 

First of all, the film is visually very very beautiful, Kim uses so much realism, for instance lots of ambient sounds, mise-en-scene, sun lights and so forth. Additionally, I strongly felt that the setting itself is already very unique and I was very connected because I found my similarity to this kind of intercultural settings. In my opinion though,  I do not think it is very special thing that the two persons who have totally different nationalities, fell in love in totally different country where they are from. I believe that America has lots of couples like this. But to make this kind of story into film is actually very interesting. I personally really enjoyed this film. I recommend ;)


Second of all, since a lot of my Chinese friends were so obsessed with a movie at the moment, and almost everyone was talking about this film. So, I thought I should go and check. The film called "Finding Mr.Right"(北京遇上西雅圖) (2013). I had no idea about this movie but I just wanted to watch, but unexpectedly it turns to my favorite movie!
It is like family, human dram type of film, but It is very fun to watch since it is love comedy. Also, there are some other cultural aspects which you maynot be able to learn in real life. I would not say it is all true facts but I think It is very interesting to see and learn other culture throughout the film in general speaking. 



Last but not least, It is actually a most powerful and emotional film I have seen in a while. I am still shocked actually. It is her most famous film called, "Lust, Caution" (色,戒)(2007). It was directed by the one of famous taiwanese american director, Ang Lee. The story itself is controversial and topic is very sensitive, but despite these facts, Lee did great job and I was so impressed by the crews all the hard work include the actors and actress. There are so many harsh scenes to describe the social movements and people's life and death. Yet it is all very realistic which I was so amazed and emotionally affected. At the same time, I felt this film was so beautiful as an art piece. Maybe it is just my impression, but it was so much art. 


All I write here is just my comments and feeling of these films and Tang Wei's acting. I just wanted to share amazing films to you and I hope you can find some interests as I do. And if you have any recommendation, please let me know!

Thank you very much for reading.
Emika xx










No comments:

Post a Comment